by Kashmir Hill
1. Password protect your devices.
2. Put a Google Alert on your name.
3. Sign out of Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, etc. when you’re done with your emailing, social networking, tweeting, and other forms of time-wasting.
4. Don’t give out your email address, phone number, or zip code when asked.
5. Encrypt your computer.
6. Gmailers, turn on 2-step authentication in Gmail.
7. Pay in cash for embarrassing items.
8. Change Your Facebook settings to “Friends Only.”
9. Clear your browser history and cookies on a regular basis.
10. Use an IP masker.
Read the whole article